Monday 10 June 2013

Tea and Cake



I am never one to turn down an opportunity to make a cake!! Especially when it's for someone I know! So when my friend Katy had her birthday not long ago I had the perfect idea! A teacup!!

This particular cake has to be one of my favourites!! I have always wanted to make a teacup, and it actually turned out to be very simple!!

I don't have many photos of my making it, but I wanted to share it with you anyway!




I simply made 2 x 6" round cakes, split, filled and stacked them up, then carved a dome. Butter iced the dome and then covered it in the blue fondant. Once it had had a chance to set a little, I flipped the whole thing over and then added the details. The rim of the cup, the handle and the flowers. I then made up a small amount of  chocolate ganache, and spread it across the top, piping a spiral of royal icing to look like it was filled with tea! VoilĂ !







No comments:

Post a Comment