Monday 17 June 2013

Angry Birds Star Wars

Sometimes when I take on a cake, I don't always consider the amount of work I'll have to put in!! I can safely say I spent at least 20 hours on this cake, but, I loved every minute of it!! How cool to make not only an Angry Birds cake, but a Star Wars one at that!!?
This cake was for twin boys, and they wanted some of their favourite characters on top, so I made sure I started on those in advance.


I used CMC and a whole bunch of precoloured fondant and started with their base shapes. With lots of print outs of various poses I got started with Chuck 'Ham' Solo. He was definitely my favourite one to make! Red Skywalker, was also really fun, and quite easy, but I had a problem getting Lard Vader to look right!
Princess Stella's braids were time consuming, but a lot easier than I expected with the modelling fondant.
Terebacca was probably the hardest, getting his fur to look right took time, and I had to resize his face in the end as it was much too big! 


With the help of an artistic friend of mine, we sat one evening and got the paintbrushes out on the actual cake! With a suggestion of Tattooine in the background, and some of the Angry Birds blocks, it was a nice way to finish it off!
I used some rice paper and traced the boys names to add to the cake, as well as their age, and then it was just a case of adding the figures. This is where I had issues... I'd made the figures too damn big!!! I spent ages rearranging them to find the best way to display them, and ended up having to push into the cake a little to get them to sit right!! You would never know though, and the cake came out pretty darn cool!!
I hope you agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment